GlobalHealthReporting.org provides journalists and others across the globe with up-to-date global health statistics, overviews, country-specific information and the latest news
Menlo Park, CA - Updated daily with the latest information on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and malaria, GlobalHealthReporting.org, a free Web site for global health news, reports and data, is now available in French, Spanish, Russian, Hindi and simplified Chinese. This free Web site is operated by the Kaiser Family Foundation with major support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
As the amount of information on HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria grows, staying abreast of the latest news, statistics and reports becomes increasingly challenging. GlobalHealthReporting.org is designed to help journalists and others cut through the wealth of information to efficiently search the latest and most accurate news and facts about global health.
"Through GlobalHealthReporting.org, we're able to get the latest health news and developments to journalists and others in many of the hardest-hit regions of the world," said Kaiser Family Foundation President and CEO Drew E. Altman, Ph.D. "With our resources now available in multiple languages, the power of that information is magnified."
With portions of the Web site now available in six languages, more journalists, as well as researchers, policymakers and NGOs across the globe can access the information, which includes:
- Current regional and global statistics on HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria including the number of new cases and people living with the diseases.
- An overview of the three diseases and frequently asked questions.
- Language-specific and region-specific reporting guides on HIV/AIDS which provide glossaries and basic facts, and address the challenges of reporting on HIV/AIDS, treatment and prevention strategies, and global financing efforts.
- Country spotlights for more than 60 countries, providing a snapshot of the diseases’ impact, recent news stories and resources, with other countries added on a bi-weekly basis. (Provided in English only).
- Country-level data on HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria and other emerging health problems such as avian flu, displayed in color-coded maps and charts are available on the companion Web site, GlobalHealthFacts.org. (Provided in English only).
- Daily summaries of news from around the world (featured in the GlobalHealthReporting.org Weekly TB and Malaria Report), links to new reports, webcasts from key global health organizations and a calendar of upcoming events related to HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria and health journalism. (Provided in English only).
The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit, private operating foundation dedicated to providing information and analysis on health care issues to policymakers, the media, the health care community and the general public. The Foundation is not associated with Kaiser Permanente or Kaiser Industries.